Looking for something?
- 70s Famous Five Series 90s Famous Five Series Animals Audio Books and Audio Dramatisations Beaconsfield Blog talk Blyton in the media Blyton on TV Books Bourne End Bruno Vincent Characters Enid Blyton Fan Fiction Food Nature Old Thatch Other Authors Personal Experiences Poetry Purchases Review Summary The Adventure Series DVD The Secret Series DVD
- RT @SarahCrossan: 5 yr old started the #SummerReadingChallenge today and is VERY excited. Sign up at your local library for FREE!! https://… 1 month ago
- I think @forget_regretx really wants us to read #BrightonBelle by @sarasheridan! A positively glowing review, time… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Enjoying the storm down south, makes me wonder what dastardly deeds are going on for the Famous Five to solve tomorrow! 1 month ago
- Anne Kirrin Christmas Darrell Rivers David Morton Dick Kirrin Dinah Mannering Eileen Soper Enid Blyton's Nature Lover's Book Famous Five 70s Style Famous Five 90s Style Five Go Adventuring Again Five on a Treasure Island Gary Russell George Kirrin If you like Blyton Jack Trent Jemima Rooper Jennifer Thanisch Julian Kirrin Laura Petela Lucy-Ann Trent Making Blyton's Food Malory Towers Marco Williamson Marcus Harris Michele Gallagher Monday Noddy Paul Child Philip Mannering Reading Reblogged Sally Hope St Andrews St Clare's The Adventure Series The Barney Mysteries The Castle of Adventure The Famous Five The Five Find-Outers The Island of Adventure The Marsh of Adventure The Missing Papers: A St Andrews Adventure The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage The Rosewood Mystery The Secret Series The Secret Seven Timmy Updated Text Written by Chris
- 282,392 hits
Monthly Archives: January 2017
Gosh, how are we flying through this year already? This is the LAST Monday in January! So whoosh! We’re one month closer to meeting the new addition to the World of Blyton Family – I’ve already been told that Fiona’s … Continue reading
Five on Finniston Farm, in my humble opinion, has always been one of my favourite later Famous Five novels. In my opinion I think that it one of the three books in the latter part of the series that brings … Continue reading
So here at World of Blyton we have some exciting news. There is going to be a new Blyton fan in my household as I will be having a baby in the summer. I’m already thinking of all the great … Continue reading
So two things before I start this week. Firstly, I had forgotten that the TV series has mucked about the order of the episodes. For some reason they have River as the seventh and Circus as the eighth. I promised … Continue reading
Five Get Into a Fix is one of my favourite books of the Five series; I love the imagery of the snow-capped Welsh hills, the tobogganing, the skiing and all of that. It’s one of the only Christmas stories and … Continue reading
Hope you all had a nice weekend, and are looking forward to our blogs this week: we are going a bit TV mad, but I hope you don’t mind.
The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage: How has Blyton’s original text fared in a modern edition? part eight
This should be the second-last part, so we are nearly there! It won’t be long until we have a final total. Previous parts can be seen here, here, here, here, here, here and here. As always my own copy is a Methuen from 1957 – a 12th reprint/impression of … Continue reading
Fiona told me that my reviews might be a bit more positive if I got myself an older version of the text. I managed to find one on eBay for around five pounds, which was good because there weren’t very … Continue reading
It’s a new year now and we’re hopefully getting back into the swing of real-life and blogging. We are starting off with a Five Find-Outers theme and then something a bit different on Sunday.
I’ve gotten quite into my audiobooks this past year – they definitely help me to read more. I can ‘read’ an audiobook during times when I couldn’t hold a print or ebook, like when I’m walking to work or on … Continue reading
Happy New Year to all! Hope you had a restful New Year. We’re not slacking this week and we’ve got two blogs coming up for you, hope you like them!