Looking for something?
- 70s Famous Five Series 90s Famous Five Series Animals Audio Books and Audio Dramatisations Beaconsfield Blog talk Blyton in the media Blyton on TV Books Bourne End Bruno Vincent Characters Enid Blyton Fan Fiction Food Nature Old Thatch Other Authors Personal Experiences Poetry Purchases Review Summary The Adventure Series DVD The Secret Series DVD
- RT @SarahCrossan: 5 yr old started the #SummerReadingChallenge today and is VERY excited. Sign up at your local library for FREE!! https://… 6 days ago
- I think @forget_regretx really wants us to read #BrightonBelle by @sarasheridan! A positively glowing review, time… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- Enjoying the storm down south, makes me wonder what dastardly deeds are going on for the Famous Five to solve tomorrow! 1 week ago
- RT @booksinkbanbury: #Day48 of #AShelfADay Tweeting the bookshop a shelf (or so) at a time... #booksandink #Banbury #SecondHandBooks #EnidB… 1 week ago
- Anne Kirrin Christmas Darrell Rivers David Morton Dick Kirrin Dinah Mannering Eileen Soper Enid Blyton's Nature Lover's Book Famous Five 70s Style Famous Five 90s Style Five Go Adventuring Again Five on a Treasure Island Gary Russell George Kirrin If you like Blyton Jack Trent Jemima Rooper Jennifer Thanisch Julian Kirrin Laura Petela Lucy-Ann Trent Making Blyton's Food Malory Towers Marco Williamson Marcus Harris Michele Gallagher Monday Noddy Paul Child Philip Mannering Reading Reblogged Sally Hope St Andrews St Clare's The Adventure Series The Barney Mysteries The Castle of Adventure The Famous Five The Five Find-Outers The Island of Adventure The Marsh of Adventure The Missing Papers: A St Andrews Adventure The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage The Rosewood Mystery The Secret Series The Secret Seven Timmy Updated Text Written by Chris
- 276,266 hits
Monthly Archives: June 2017
Yet again the previous episode ended with a cliff-hanger, or perhaps I should say tower-hanger, as Jack was hanging from the ivy on the castle’s tower while the eagle swooped down at him. And we find out that Jack fell … Continue reading
Last week I failed spectacularly in my duty to provide you with a full review of The Mystery of the Hidden House as I failed in my speed reading skills. So, I have had to bring it to you in two parts. … Continue reading
June is nearly over, if you can believe it! We’ve had some pretty good weather lately (too much heat for me, though!) so we’ll have to see what July then brings. Here’s what we’ve got lined up this week: Enjoy!
Here I am continuing to look at The Zoo Book, Blyton’s non-fiction book about London Zoo and its animals. The first chapters covered the zoo’s history, how animals were caught for the zoo and some secrets of the keepers. It … Continue reading
How much of a bad blogger am I? Having only decided on Sunday evening that I was going to review The Mystery of the Hidden House and committed to that on the Monday blog, things then got mad on Monday and I didn’t … Continue reading
It has been so hot that I’m pretty sure that ice-cream for supper is perfectly acceptable! Either way, I had it, it was delicious and now time to tell you what’s coming up on the blog this week, assuming that … Continue reading
So far this book seems to have had minimal editing, which is a pleasant surprise. Shall we see if that continues? I am comparing the first edition (Lutterworth Press, 1947) to an omnibus edition containing four of the six books … Continue reading
Last week we looked into the first of the 1990s Famous Five episodes and actually it came out quite well in the grand scheme of the episodes. So shall we have a look at how part two shapes up compared … Continue reading
Well it’s Monday again, and this one marks 3 weeks until I come off work and 7 weeks until my baby is due (eek!). I’m going to try to finish my reviews of The Castle of Adventure on TV, reviewing … Continue reading
For me, where it all began For many, Enid Blyton’s books were the beginning of their journey into the world of Blyton’s Famous Five, Secret Seven, Five Find-Outers and Adventure series and, yes, I did read Five Go to Mystery … Continue reading
The previous episode ended on a cliff-hanger (almost literally) as Dinah plunged from a tree into the enormous moat around the castle. I’m fairly confident that she will be OK, however, given that she is unlikely to disappear from the … Continue reading
Gosh we aren’t half getting through these Mondays! Can’t believe we’ve posted 220 Monday posts to-date! We have a bit of a TV week for you this week once again, hope you don’t mind!
We are into June now (how?) and so it is time to recap what we have been up to in May. WHAT I READ IN MAY I’ve had a lot going on this month so it hasn’t been a great … Continue reading