Somehow it is July, and we have reached what will probably be my last monthly round up for a while.
I’ll be taking over from now on! – Stef
WHAT I READ
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry
- The Teenager Who Came to Tea – Emlyn Rees
- The Saucy Jane Family – which I have just finished comparing the text in
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry
- The Island of Dr. Libris – Chris Grabenstein
- Welcome to Camp Nightmare (Goosebumps #9) – R. L. Stein
- The Ghost Next Door (Goosebumps #10) – R. L. Stein
- The Book of Fours (Buffy TV tie in) – Nancy Holder
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry
For the baby:
- Owl Babies – Martin Wadell
And still on the go (most of the ones from last month I haven’t picked up again lately):
- Blotto, Twinks and the Dead Dowager Duchess (Blotto and Twinks #2) – Simon Brett
- The Zoo Book (which I wrote about here and here)
- The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar – a Roald Dahl audiobook
And perhaps unsuprisingly I still haven’t started that pile of library books I have. Maybe I’ll get through them on my maternity leave before the baby comes!
WHAT I’VE WATCHED
- More One Born Every Minute including the tough episodes where things didn’t go entirely to plan
- Hollyoaks, as always
- Murder She Wrote. I’m on season 2 of 12 now!
- The OA – a really weird series on Netflix
- The Castle of Adventure – I’ve been reviewing episodes for the blog
WHAT I’VE DONE
- Packed my hospital bag and the baby’s too, and done a lot of washing of his things.
- Organised the nursery a bit more.
- Supported my mum, sister and two cousins doing the Pretty Muddy challenge.
- Gone to aquanatal aerobics weekly, and swimming some weeks as well.
- Stepped awkwardly off a pavement and ended up in A&E with a sprained ankle and bruised knee. Thanks to this I started my maternity leave a few days early!
- Welcomed Stef to Dundee (as much as I could from the sofa) as she’s up to stay for a few days.
WHAT STEF HAS READ
- Everything, everything – Nicole Yoon
- Street Cat Bob – James Bowen
- Empty Vessels – Marina Pascoe
- The Mystery of the Hidden House – reviewed here and here [links]
- Peggy and Me – Miranda Hart
- Gena/Finn – Hannah Moskowitz
- Raven Girl – Audrey Niffenegger
WHAT STEF HAS WATCHED
- One Born Every Minute – I’ve been watching along with Fiona. It’s quite informative.
- Taskmaster – I have binged watched series four on catch up because I didn’t realise it was airing, so I went through and watched it on catch up.
- Red Dwarf – My other half and I have been watching the show from the beginning, so it’s fun to go through the episodes from the start.
WHAT STEF HAS DONE
What have I done? Good question!
- Traveled to Dundee – for Fiona’s baby shower at the end of June.
- Walking – I have done a lot of walking this month, to try and offset my weight management.
- Went to a foam party – I went out with my other half and enjoyed a foam party. However I did swallow some and we ended up heading home early.
- Bought a paddling pool – In that really hot weathered period, I managed to get my hands on a suitable paddling pool to enjoy in lieu of being anywhere near a beach.
- And last but not least, A Trip down to Bournemouth Beach – Me and my other half went down to Bournemouth and spent some time enjoying the sun, sand and sea.
I think that’s all from me now! Lets hope I have more to tell you about next month!